Leslie O. Murray
There is nothing more satisfying than achieving a just result for my clients. It is an honor for me to spend my days working for people who otherwise may have no voice and no way to secure their rights. That is why we fight for justice for all people, including the most underserved among us.
I started my career in West Africa to implement the most basic human rights and rules of law. We can never forget the work we have done in this country to provide access to justice for all who need it. We must continue to work toward a more equal playing field where the strongest and richest do not win by default, simply as a result of their positions of power.
When I see a wrong, I believe it needs to be righted. That is why I practice law.
Leslie Murray: Leslie's background spans from graduating from the Case Western Reserve University Law School, to serving with the United Nations Mission in Liberia - Department of Peacemaking Operations and the Office of the Prosecutor for the Special Court for Sierra Leone. Closer to home, she is President of the Board of the Firelands Montessori Academy and she is an active Board Member of the Boys & Girls Club of Erie County, Advocates for Basic Legal Equality and Legal Aid of Western Ohio. She also serves on the OSBA Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee and the Erie County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee.
- Plaintiff's Trial Practice
- Consumer Protection Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Commercial Breach of Contract
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death Actions
- Commercial Law
- Banking and Mortgage Litigation
- Insurance Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2011
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio, 2005 J.D.
Honors: International Law Concentration With Honors
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, 2002 B.B.A.
Honors: Cum Laude, General Honors, Departmental Honors, Political Science Department Award
- Honors and Awards:
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012-2015
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Board Member of Advocates for Basic Legal Equality and Legal Aid of Western Ohio
- American Association for Justice, International Law Section Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Member and Fee Arbitration Committee Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member and Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee Member : District 10 Representative
- The Boys & Girls Club, Board Member
- Firelands Montessori Academy, Board President
- United Nations Mission in Liberia - Department of Peacemaking Operations: Legal and Judicial System Support Division, Monrovia and Robertsport, Liberia, June 1, 2005 - June 31, 2006
- Special Court for Sierra Leone - Office of the Prosecutor: Freetown, Sierra Leone, June 1, 2004 - December 31, 2004