Leslie O. Murray
SANDUSKY, OHIO PERSONAL INJURY & CONSUMER PROTECTION
One of the most powerful experiences of my life was working with the United Nations in Sierra Leone and Liberia. It’s where I began my career and where I truly understood the importance of basic human rights and how I can make an impact. When I see a wrong, I believe it needs to be righted. People who have no voice or are underserved by society deserve to have a champion in their corner. There is nothing more satisfying than achieving a just result for my clients.
“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.” — Hannah More
The moment I knew I wanted to be a lawyer: I was five years old, and I remember my grandmother offering my brother salt and pepper shakers in the shape of barristers. I decided right then I would practice law with my family.
My inspiration in life: Is my grandmother, who has faced every one of life’s challenges with a smile and a sprinkle of humor
When I’m not helping clients: You’ll find me at my kids sporting events and extracurriculars. When I can steal some time for myself, I do some hardcore Crossfit or a bike ride.
Favorite sports teams: University of Miami. It’s all about the U!
My advice for young professionals: Do your best. ALWAYS.
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality and Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Board Member
- Boys & Girls Club of Erie County, Board of Directors
- Sandusky State Theatre, Board of Directors
Areas of Practice:
- Plaintiff's Trial Practice
- Consumer Protection Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Commercial Breach of Contract
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death Actions
- Commercial Law
- Employment Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Litigation Percentage:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Bar Admissions:
- Ohio, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2011
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio, 2005 J.D.
Honors: International Law Concentration With Honors
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, 2002 B.B.A.
Honors: Cum Laude, General Honors, Departmental Honors, Political Science Department Award
- Honors and Awards:
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012-2017
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association for Justice, International Law Section Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Board of Trustees and Fee Dispute Arbitration Committee Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member and Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee Member : District 10 Representative
- Past Employment Positions:
- United Nations Mission in Liberia - Department of Peacemaking Operations: Legal and Judicial System Support Division, Monrovia and Robertsport, Liberia, June 1, 2005 - June 31, 2006
- Special Court for Sierra Leone - Office of the Prosecutor: Freetown, Sierra Leone, June 1, 2004 - December 31, 2004