During my years as a mediator at the Erie County Family Court, I worked closely with many attorneys and found myself giving them advice. I knew I could be just as effective as they were if not more—that’s when I knew I had to become a lawyer. Since then, I’ve been involved in many complex litigations for both class action and individual suits, giving my all to each case. It’s why I love my job; it allows me to fight for the victim.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Inspiration in my life:
My son, David, and granddaughter, Falynn
When I’m not helping clients:
I am at the theater taking in a show or getting my hands dirty through working on local productions.
My advice for young professionals:
Work ahead of life by studying and researching every angle before trying to answer any question.
I’ll bet you didn’t know:
Believe it or not, I used to drive a race car in the Enduro series at Sandusky Speedway.
- Harlequins Community Theatre, president
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiffs' trial practice
- Class actions
- Commercial litigation
- Ohio, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2003
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 2000
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Marian College, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1975
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Erie County Bar Association, member
- Ohio Association for Justice, member
- Harlequins Community Theater, president
- Stammco, LLC v. United Telephone Co. of Ohio, 125 Ohio St.3d 91 (Ohio 2010)
- Midland Funding LLC v. Brent, 644 F.Supp.2d 961 (N.D.Ohio 2009)
- Everett v. Verizon Wireless, Inc., 460 F.3d 818 (6th Cir. 2006)
- Toledo Blade Newspaper Unions - Blade Pension Plan v. Investment Performance Services, LLC, 373 F.Supp.2d 735 (N.D. Ohio 2005)