- Boys & Girls Club of Erie County: Through the Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation, our attorneys are actively involved with the community year-round, contributing financially and volunteering time with civic and charitable institutions in the area. The Charitable Foundation supports and helps families from the Boys & Girls Club of Erie County, where our partners have volunteered time tutoring and playing games with kids after school on several occasions. Through organizations such as the Boys & Girls Club, Murray & Murray has established an ongoing commitment to supporting the local community.
- Erie County Economic Development Corporation: Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation supports the RISE Incubator Program. The Regional Incubator for Sustainability and Entrepreneurship (RISE) program of the Erie County Economic Development Corporation offers free business development assistance to entrepreneurs and existing businesses in our area.
- Erie County Community Foundation: As a member of the Council of Foundations, the Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation participates regularly in group meetings to review community proposals and collaborate on joint initiatives. These initiatives include the Internship Program, which was developed to introduce college-aged area residents to local non-profits. Margaret Murray is pleased to serve on the screening committee for this successful program.
- Firelands Habitat for Humanity: Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation is proud to have funded and worked on an all-women’s build home on Hancock Street in Sandusky. The Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation also financially supported the consolidation of the Firelands Habitat for Humanity ReStore facility on U.S. 250.
- Sandusky State Theatre: The Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation periodically underwrites programs for children at the historic Sandusky State Theatre.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio: Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation has supported this organization for decades. Peggy Murray was a board member when County Cupboard became Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio. Margaret Murray joined the board a few years later and served six years, three of which as the President. Elizabeth Newman, sister of Dennis, Charles, Florence, and Margaret and daughter of Dennis and Peggy, currently serves on the board. The Murray & Murray Charitable Foundation regularly funds local programs, including the Backpack Program and Kids Café at Boys and Girls Club and donations to other Sandusky Agencies.
The education of our children sets the foundation they will stand upon as our future leaders. It is vitally important to Murray & Murray that we also help promote higher education however we can, including scholarship opportunities for local students. We sponsor an annual renewal scholarship for Sandusky High School Students and an annual scholarship for Firelands BGSU Students. Call (419) 664-3711 for more information.