Toledo Personal Injury Attorneys
Legal Allies for the Wrongfully Injured
Terrible accidents call for outstanding legal assistance. Murray & Murray in Toledo is all about going above and beyond the expectations of our clients. We pursue the best possible case results while also putting our clients’ worries at rest. You will come to know us as legal professionals and genuine friends as your case progresses.
On This Page:
- When Should You Sue for Personal Injury?
- What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
- Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- How Does the Personal Injury Claim Process Work?
- When Should You Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Is a Good Settlement Offer?
- What Percentage Do Accident Lawyers Take?
- How Long Do You Have to File a Lawsuit?
- Will My Personal Injury Case Go To Trial?
- Get Help Today!
When Should You Sue for Personal Injury?
In order to file a personal injury lawsuit you need to be able to prove the following:
- That the individual responsible for your injury owed you a duty of care
- That the individual violated that duty of care and by doing so, contributed to causing your injuries
- That your injuries have caused you harm whether financially or emotionally
Need help determining whether or not you have a personal injury case? Give our office a call and we can help you determine whether or not you have grounds for a lawsuit.
Call (419) 664-3711 or contact us online for more information.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
A great starting point for making a personal injury claim is to get an experienced Toledo personal injury attorney in your corner at the start. For so many people in Toledo, that means working with Murray & Murray. We’re here to handle as much of your case as possible.
You can count on our personal injury attorneys in Toledo to help with:
- Investigating your accident or injury
- Calculating your damages
- Filing and pursuing your claim or lawsuit
- Interacting with insurance companies
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The team at Murray & Murray offer representation in a variety of different types of personal injury cases including:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
The above list is not exhaustive. If you don't see your type of accident listed above, please reach out to our team today to discuss your situation.
How Does the Personal Injury Claim Process Work?
After hiring our injury lawyers, our team will begin the process of filing your lawsuit. Most cases follow the same general steps, but actual length of time can vary from one case to the next.
- Our team will investigate your claim and review your medical records
- We will then put together a demand letter and send it to the at-fault party (or their insurance company) requesting a fair settlement amount
- If the defendant is willing to negotiate, we will attempt to negotiate a fair settlement without going to trial; if they are unwilling to negotiate, we will file your lawsuit and begin to prepare for trial
- Prior to going to trial we will enter the Discovery phase; this is when both parties are able to investigate the case and request information from the other side
- Finally, we will take your case to trial and fight for your rights before either a judge or jury
When Should You Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
After an accident, should you always call a personal injury lawyer? Basically, the answer is yes. There is no downside to at least speaking with a Toledo personal injury attorney from Murray & Murray because we offer free initial consultations. During a consultation, we can explain your options and what you should do next, so, if you were seriously injured in any type of accident, we encourage you to call us at (419) 664-3711.
Benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer:
- Gain a full understanding of Ohio’s liability laws
- Remove all guesswork from your casework
- Lessen stress when dealing with insurers
- Never worry about missing deadlines
What is a Good Settlement Offer?
How much is your personal injury case worth? The answer depends on the damage that you can demand from the liable party.
Damages in a personal injury claim can help pay for:
- Medical treatment costs
- Lost wages
- Property repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disabilities
- And more
The settlement that you accept from the defendant should be reflective of the total of your damages. It is not a “good” settlement if you are being offered far less than what you need.
Our attorneys can negotiate for a fair settlement amount, which might take several sessions of mediation between us and the insurance company’s attorneys. Benefits of accepting a settlement include ending your case sooner than later and removing the possibility of the outcome being appealed. However, if the opposing party refuses to give you an acceptable or good settlement amount, then we can discuss moving your claim to litigation with a lawsuit filed in court.
What Percentage Do Accident Lawyers Take?
Murray & Murray proudly offers contingency fee agreements for personal injury cases. With a contingency fee agreement, we do not get paid our attorney fees unless we end your case with a successful settlement or award, so hiring us is virtually risk-free for your finances. Furthermore, if we do win your case, then we are paid using a percentage of your recovery, which means that you can always afford our services.
The percentage we are paid varies from case to case. Typically, contingency fee percentages range from 20% to 40%, though. The percentage can increase for cases that require in-depth investigations and complex casework. We like to make certain that every prospective client fully understands our contingency fee agreements and percentages before signing any contract with our attorneys. You never need to worry about being surprised with a steep contingency fee when your case closes!
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in Ohio?
Each state has a statute that restricts how long after an accident a victim can pursue legal action against the responsible party. For all personal injury claims, Ohio allows victims up to 2 years after the date of their accident to file a lawsuit (Ohio Revised Code § 2305.10 (A)). Failure to file a claim within the 2-year deadline will result in your case being dismissed.
Will My Personal Injury Case Go To Trial?
It is estimated that only about 4-5% of personal injury cases actually make it to trial. Most are settled pre-trial. This is because going to court is costly for both parties, and most of the time insurance companies would prefer to settle things outside of court. However, there are some cases that are forced to go to trial in order to obtain a fair settlement. No matter which situation your case turns out to be, our team is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure you get the best settlement possible. If that means taking your case to trial, we're ready to fight for you.
Millions Won for Our Clients
For reliable legal assistance for personal injury cases in Toledo, choose Murray & Murray today. We have helped secure millions of dollars in recoveries for past clients. We have also seen all types of personal injury cases like car accidents and dog bites, so you can be confident that nothing about your case will catch us off-guard. Allow our respected and experienced team to work on your case today.
Compassionate representation is a call away. Dial (419) 664-3711 to speak with our personal injury lawyers in Toledo.